Monday, November 24, 2008

Obama: Friend or Foe (Maybe Both)

So he won! I voted for him and I am excited about the future. At least, I'm much more excited than I was four years ago. I mean, it appears that he is the lesser of two evils. He's still a politician. He had to reject Jeremiah Wright for the campaign, and I guess we can all understand why. He can't complain about Israel, and I guess we can all understand that as well. I guess. He's just a politician, right? He's gotta play the game to win. What that means is that he's still the elite even if he is half black. Of course, you know, he's ALMOST acceptable to the system as a black man because they always have his white half in the back of their mind yet can still call him black. I'm sure he'll help incite changes in the government, but we must never forget that although individuals are to blame for certain decisions it is the ENTIRE SYSTEM AS IT STANDS TODAY that supports and gives rise to the elitists within it. Will he talk of reparations (whether one agrees with the idea or not, it should be discussed)? Will he help every non-white and/or poor person in prison be retried by a jury of their peers? Will he admit that Jeremiah Wright is more sane than most people? Well I believe the answers to questions like this lie in the simple fact that the system itself will not allow him to- whether he wants to or not. Please, just don't forget that Obama is not some sort of savior, he's a politician.

No comments: